Geospatial Analytics – Intern
Work Location: India 😊
Does a picture force you to look for layers to play with? In an object detection solution do you prefer a 50 cm or 30 cm resolution image? Are you game to experiment on project that may fail 9 out of 10 times?
If yes, join us.
This will be a paid internship with stipend of INR 15,000/month.
On this Internship, you will:
- Work with our Analytics CoE team for 6 months, with option to join us full time.
- Apply GIS and remote sensing concepts to solve problems our team picks up.
- Work on one of the projects – Smart Cities, ESG, Disaster Management.
- Assist in building reusable components that will expedite solution creation
- Get exposure to Gramener Data Storytelling framework
- Learn how Computer Vision enables Geospatial solutions
- Experience working on solution impact lives
To join us, you should:
- Feel the thrill of using data to tell Data stories.
- Enjoy working in a fast-changing field.
- Be great with people and fly solo if needed.
- Strong grasp of tools like QGIS, ArcGIS or Erdas Imagine
- Ability to understand business requirements and map them to data requirements
- Comfort with python programming.
- Understand geospatial libraries like GDAL, Rasterio, GeoPandas or similar.
- Highly motivated individual with ability to coordinate with other team members.
You must have:
- M.Tech/M.S or any graduate in Geoinformatics/ Geomatics/ ESG/IT/CSE
- Allocate 40 hours a week to work with us
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Comfortable to articulate your thoughts and demonstrate value in your work.
We write software that tells data stories. We told a global computer manufacturer to “focus on order delivery time. It’ll increase NPS by 18% with incremental revenue of >$50M”. We predicted mosquito release points for a foundation to cut down process times from 3 weeks to 2 hours in a mission to protect 100M lives from malaria in 5 years.”.
We are good at what we do, which is why we are growing by 40% every year. We’re looking for team members who share our vision and will help us scale.
We offer you:
- A chance to try things, take risks.
- Meaningful problems you’ll be proud of solving.
- People you will be comfortable working with.
- M.Tech. / M.S. – Geoinformatics/ Geomatics/ Environmental/ IT/CSE (with specialization)
- Available for at least 6 months for the internship period (with option to convert to full time limited to organization).
- Core knowledge about GIS and Remote Sensing concepts. (Having familiarity with photogrammetry is a plus)
- Ability to work with geospatial software’s like QGIS, ArcGIS, Erdas Imagine etc.
- Familiarity with Python Programming Language and coding practices (Including geospatial libraries such as GDAL, Rasterio, GeoPandas, PySAL, Fiona, Folium etc.)
- Thorough knowledge with respect to the institute level research projects
- Research oriented and having good analytical problem-solving skills.
- Work with the Data Science and Engineering team to push solutions into production workflows.
- Research and application of geospatial technology with respect to various sectors such as Smart Cities, Environment and Climate change, Disaster Management etc.
- Assistance in developing use cases specific to the requirements.