## About role
Technical leads deliver value to clients by architecting robust data-driven visual solutions and to organization by building a high performance team.
A typical day involves collaborating with stakeholders (any of project managers, peer developers, consultants, analysts, quality analysts, clients) to understand business requirements and deliver value. Gramex applications are consumed in a varied set of ways: on different types of mobiles, desktops, tablets. As screenshots, PDFs or as a stand-alone web application. These applications involve data visualisation, good amount of analysis, business context.
In a nutshell, this role is at the intersection of data science and software engineering practices.
## What Gramener offers you
Gramener will offer you an inviting workplace, talented colleagues from diverse backgrounds, career path, steady growth prospects with great scope to innovate.
Our goal is to create an ecosystem of easily configurable data applications focused on storytelling for public and private use.
The positions are based out of Gramener's **Mumbai and Hyderabad** office.
## Core Skills
- Ability to architect solutions that can scale on data volume, user traffic with Python stack.
- Computer Science fundamentals in data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis.
- Understand how to optimize the delivery of code, static assets to a browser or device (e.g., lazy loading assets, using CDNs, caching, compression, etc.).
- Proficient in view layout and rendering technologies (e.g., responsiveness, progressive enhancement, browser/device support). Knows when it is appropriate to make graceful fallbacks.
- Proficient in a broad range of software design approaches and common UX patterns. Knows when (and when not) to use front-end software design patterns (e.g., asynchronicity, data binding, modules, objects, promises).
Technical leads are generally aligned to business verticals to build a core technical team and sustainable auxiliary practices. As part of the role, you are expected to:
- Scale applications in terms of data volume or user traffic. Experience in dealing with such scenarios is a plus.
- Drive sustainable initiatives, leveraging skills across teams, that strengthen development process and build a high performance team.
- Contribute to code as required.
- Handle server-side administration, have solid debugging abilities to identify bottlenecks in the entire application flow.
- Assist in application deployments on Cloud and on-premise infrastructure.
- Spend a non-trivial amount of time in stakeholder management including business clients, people mentoring. Mentoring involves grooming developers to become senior developers, senior developers to lead developers and lead developers to tech leads.
- Develop domain skills over a period of time adding value to your team.
We also welcome data hackers, tinkerers, enthusiasts in our path to better storytelling.
Visit [Gramener's solution page](https://gramener.com/solutions/) for an overview of our applications.