Jobs at Gramener
Details of the role
We are looking for a Technical Writer to author, edit, and review product documentation. In this role, you will work with internal resources, interview software developers, and attend engineering meetings to gather, write, and publish technical information for our varied audiences. You will produce a variety of top-quality learning materials such as technical documentation, infographics, screenshot markups, and training videos. Join a team that is process-light but purpose-heavy!
What will you work on?
The Technical Writer will consult with engineering and other technical staff to prepare technical and end user documentation for software. Additionally, you will develop and promote the adoption of documentation templates. This role will function as a primary writer—responsible for deliverables of substantial scope and complexity!
- Prepare, review, revise, and maintain technical documents, including software and systems engineering, system operations, testing, and user documentation.
- Gather and analyse technical and product information from various sources to document new or changing product functionality.
- Write, format, edit, review, and proof procedural and technical information for technical and nontechnical users.
- Assist in planning, scheduling, and tracking documentation work to meet product release dates and client deliverables.
- Maintain a library of application documentation and catalogue it for internal and/or external use.
- Publish and maintain templates for written documentation ensuring a consistent "look and feel."
Skills and Qualiﬁcations
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in a technical stream such as Computer Science or a focus on English, writing and communication, a technical background (Development/QA).
- 3-5 years of experience in an IT development environment as a product technical writer.
- Experience in creating documentation for audiences with different level of technical skills.
- Excellent writing, editing and communication skills.
- Experience in presenting technical information in live setting (e.g. training/presentations, conferences) would be an advantage.
- Ability to read some programming code would be a plus.
- Like working with a team and a solo cruiser when needed
- Can quickly scale and deliver work with high quality.
- Quick to learn and improve.